Thursday, December 4, 2014

12 Days of Christmas Book Review
Day Two:
 
I AM ALBERT EINSTEIN
By Brad Meltzer

Image Credit: bradmeltzer.com

"Ordinary People Change the World" Series I AM ALBERT EINSTEIN is a great biography for young students. This biography is filled with colorful comic like pictures of Einstein and is told in first person. The book also includes speech bubbles along with normal text to help attract readers who are fond of graphic novels. The reader learns many things about Einstein including his love of the violin, that he wasn't a great student at school, and how he enjoyed sailing. The book includes a timeline of Einstein's life as well as real photos of Einstein. The reader is also inspired to keep asking "why" and never give up on discovering new things. A favorite quote from the book was "curiosity is one of the most powerful forces of nature." I would recommend this to second graders and up who are looking for an independent read.

 

Other books in the "Ordinary People Change the World" Series include:
* I AM JACKIE ROBINSON
* I AM ROSA PARKS
* I AM AMELIA EARHART
* I AM ABRAHAM LINCOLN


No comments:

Post a Comment